Today I share my recipe for Buffalo Chicken. I love a good spicy meal with lots of flavor!Get all the gastronomic pop without the caloric bang with this recipe!
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Tacos
• 6 whole-wheat 8-inch tortillas
• 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
• 1 cup Greek yogurt
• 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
• 1/2 tbsp olive oil
• 1/4 tsp salt
• ground pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce
• 3 large carrots, shredded
• 1 head romaine OR 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded • 3 oz blue cheese
Prep time 20 minutes:
- Preheat large skillet on medium-high heat, add oil and swirl to coat. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 8 minutes, reduce heat to low-medium and cook for another 4 minutes; stirring more frequently. Chicken should be golden brown and cooked thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, crumble blue cheese with a fork. Stir in yogurt, salt and black pepper; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Pour cayenne pepper sauce over chicken in the skillet. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Taste and adjust spiciness to preference.
- Place tortillas on a microwave-safe dish, cover with damp towel, and microwave for about 10 seconds or place in skillet and cook on low-medium heat for about 1 minute on each side.
- To serve, place desired amount of lettuce, carrots and chicken on each tortilla. Drizzle with blue cheese sauce and enjoy warm.
SERVINGS PER RECIPE – makes Six Tacos
These recipes and more can be found on our blog. Check em out. There may be some really cool articles that could change your life (or at least give you some really great ideas to get and stay healthy)!
PS, whenever you’re ready here are a few ways to work with us:
Talk to us on the phone. Want to see if we’re the right fit for you? Want to talk to a someone that cares about your success and can point you in the right direction toward it? We can help.
Just drop us an email with CALL in the subject and we’ll get right back to you.
- Book a free consultation. We’ll sit with you and talk about your goals, experience with exercise, current nutrition program and any things that may be preventing you from getting in the best shape of your life. From there, you’ll get our expert advice on how to achieve your goals and leave the meeting with a clear plan for success.
Just drop us an email with “Consult” in the subject and we’ll get right back to you
3. Risk-free 30-Day Jumpstart. If you’ve simply seen enough of our members experience incredible results and you’re ready to get started with us, the 30 Day Jumpstart is the perfect fit. You’ll get the full Out Run Your Fork Experience that’s designed get you on the path to a longer, healthier and happier life, we’re ready to help you!
Just drop us an email with “JUMPSTART” in the subject and we’ll get right back to you.