Yesterday we gave you a Fork Approved Recipe for a healthier Pie Crust. But what good is a pie crust without something to fill it with?? Exactly! So here’s our famous Fork Approved Recipe Apple Pie that’s been approved by a Personal Trainer in Westfield, NJ
Fork Approved Recipe Apple Pie
This Fork Approved Recipe combines two of this season’s freshest fruits, apples and pears, without the refined sugar! In addition to this being a great filling for a pie, you could use this recipe to add to oatmeal, or purée it and use as a topping for pork chops or any way you would typically use applesauce!
So let’s get started!
Fork Approved Recipe Apple Pie Ingredients
- Cooking spray
- 3 Golden Delicous apples,peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 Gala apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 Bartlett pears, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- Coat a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Stir together the apples, pears, water, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the apples and pears are very tender, about 2-4 hours.
- Stir in the butter.
Serving Size: About 1/2 Cup
102 calories; 25 g carbs; 18g sugar (only 2g added sugar)
The Pie Crust
This pie crust can be used for Pumpkin Pie, Sweet Potato Pie, Pecan Pie and any other pie you can think of… and yes… even Apple Pie! You can get our Fork Approved Healthy Pie Crust
If you love our Fork Approved Recipe Apple Pie, then you can download our Healthy Fork Approved Recipe Book For FREE.
At Out Run Your Fork Personal Training we are constantly designing new ways for you to get healthy. Our Personal Trainers to and certified Nutritionists are always coming up with the most fun and creative ways for you to live your most healthy, vibrant life ever!
Yours in Health,
Talk to us on the phone. Click Here to Call Us and we’ll give you a FREE 15 minute call to help get you the right information to help you get started
- Book a free consultation. Click Here to SET UP Your FREE No-Obligation Personal Training Session or Nutritional Counseling Session